1) You. Who you are.
What your talents are. What your skills and experiences are. Also: what are
your aspirations? Specifically regarding your business concept, how do you see
this business (if you were to start it) playing a role in your life?
-
My name is Karina Pizarro, I am a second year innovation academy student
majoring in wildlife ecology and conservation. I have a passion for animals and
understanding their instincts and behaviors which is sometimes very difficult
considering that do not share the same language as humans. However, this
empathetic skill I have developed has helped me in my interactions with people;
understanding their problems, being sympathetic and objective towards them.
2) What are you offering to customers? Describe
the product or service (in other words, how you'll solve customers' unmet
needs).
-
I am offering an easy and accessible application to get instant and accurate
knowledge about any dorm that a student is living in, which includes parking
restrictions, staff contact and directory, packing receiving process,
maintenance services, etc. Along with the information, there will also be a
tool to put in service requests, chat with their floor RA and anything that
they would usually need to ask the front desk to do. Residents will no longer be
uninformed and can be guided with just the touch of a screen.
3) Who are you offering it to? Describe,
in as much detail as possible, the demographic and psychographic
characteristics of your customers. Think especially of this question: what do
your customers all have in common?
-
I am offering it to student residents on UF campus who are uninformed or
misinformed about their new living environment. Dormitory residents are
undergraduates who have never lived on their own and it may be difficult for
the to come up with the answers to solve their problems. This application will lead
to a portal with the questions and answers.
4) Why do they care? Your
solution is only valuable insofar as customers believe its valuable to them.
Here, explain why customers will actually pay you money to use your product or
service.
-
Anything that can be made easy and accessible to students who already have so
much on their plate and may not have time to deal with is worth paying for.
This will give residents one less issue off their plate.
5) What are your core competencies? What
sets you apart from everyone else? Also: what do you have that nobody else
has?
-I
have first hand experience with being a dormitory resident and an employee
there as well. I am aware of the constant issues that residents face and
contain a lense and perspective that not everyone has because of this.
In addition to
these five elements, please spend a paragraph evaluating whether you believe
these elements fit together or whether there are aspects of your business
concept that are weaker / out-of-joint with the others.
-
I believe these elements do fit well together. Although I am
very good with understanding people, my experience with animals definitely exceeds
my experience with people, customer service and communication. However, in my
experience, I have learned the valuable skills of having a hard wok ethic and
being open to new angles and ideas.
I think your idea is great because when I first got to UF I didn’t know much about the dorms and all the services they provided. I had to hear from other people or have my RA tell me. However, a source for all the information that is provided would be great as it would help future students needing assistance.
ReplyDeleteMy gosh, I wish that I had this when I was a freshman living in the dorms! Now I live in an apartment complex, and we pretty much have apps and phone numbers to call when we need a problem fixed or need to know about community events, packages, statuses, etc. But I think that this is a great idea to keep everything centralized for people who are away from home for the first time - its an overwhelming experience. I think that your idea is a good one, and I'm eager to see how you develop it more.
ReplyDeleteThis is such a great idea for a business. I cannot tell you how many times I wish this service was available when I was signing up to live in the dorms during my freshman year at college. This program, with your skill sets, definitely has a lot of potential to become a successful business, and I am sure that a lot of freshman would be glad to be able to utilize your services. Great post!
ReplyDelete