Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Halfway Reflection

1.  What are the behaviors that you have used (or developed) to keep up with the requirements of this course? 
- Time management is definitely a characteristic I've had to develop in order to keep up with this class. Sometimes you don't realize that the assignments are time consuming and your time must be managed. I've also developed to be more prone to thinking outside of the box. Sometimes we don't realize that we are only revealing the surface of something and in this course we are asked to think even deeper about a certain concept or "opportunity" and that has taught me to look at daily things in different perspectives.

2. Talk about a moment or two when you felt like "giving up." What pulled you through? Do you feel like you've developed a tenacious attitude during the past two months? What experience or experiences most contributed to this?
- I haven't had any experiences where I've felt as if i wanted to "give up". However, I have felt very frustrated or hopeless sometimes to achieve a certain result that is difficult. Such as, getting better on certain tests and going over the same concepts that I'd continuously get wrong or misunderstand or not memorize. In those times, I take a break to think about what I need to do and change my attitude into positive energy.

3. Three Tips:

  • 1. Time management- these assignments can catch up to you if you underestimate them, which will result in not being able to submit it on time or turning in a poorly done assignment. Plan your week ahead, not just for this class but for all of your classes. Therefore, your week is planned and organized.
  • 2. Stay positive - Being in school, taking classes, working, volunteering, etc. can cause overwhelming and frustrating feelings. It's important to not let this energy affect your work and life and to remember that all of this is for a reason.
  • 3. Stay determined - It can be easy to allow frustration to overcome and get the best of you. Consist a stead and strong mindset about not just school but daily life.

2 comments:

  1. I agree completely with your comment in question one about having to think outside the box, and re-look at the ways we think of "opportunity". One of the first big things for me was the converting problems we found into opportunities for improvement, or looking deeply at just WHY they occur. That certainly put things more into perspective rather than just being the source of complaint. Additionally, I agree with your tips, especially about time management. These assignments have the tendency to sneak up on you! It is best to use canva's dashboard or to-do list to see when things have cut-off dates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with your point to think outside of the box. I struggled at first being able to fully commit to each assignment as I was somewhat unsure of what opportunity actually meant. It was interesting how we eventually learned to look at problems as opportunities for improvement, something that I will take with me through life, not just this course. This course is the only one that has actually helped me throughout instances in life. Loved your advice as well!

    ReplyDelete