Friday, January 25, 2019

Identifying Opportunities in Economic and Regulatory Trends

Economic Trends:

Opportunity #1: Financial Markets Control Oil, Gas and Food Prices and supply and demand are no longer considered.
(a) Where I found this opportunity?
https://www.thebalance.com/top-usa-future-economic-trends-3305666
(b) What led me to believe that this information suggests an opportunity exists?
- Because of the fluctuating changes in price for oil and gas and the fact that foreign exchange traders determine the value of the dollar
(c) Who do I think is most likely to be the customer with the opportunity?
- The customer would most likely be the consumers of gas, oil and food
(d) Is this opportunity  relatively easy or relatively difficult to exploit, and why do I think so?
- I think t is relatively difficult because despite the outside perspective of consumers, there is more that goes on in the system that we may not understand.
Why did I see this opportunity?
- In every opportunity, I believe there is room for improvement, especially if consumers are unhappy with what they are receiving.

Opportunity #2: Baby boomers are not retiring
(a) Where I found this opportunity?
https://www.thebalance.com/top-usa-future-economic-trends-3305666
(b) What led me to believe that this information suggests an opportunity exists?
- Because baby bloomers continue to work, it does not allow room for the new generation to take their position, causing them to find temporary and part-time jobs.
(c) Who do I think is most likely to be the customer with the opportunity?
- I believe the baby bloomers will most likely be customer; there may be a possibility of creating a program for the retired where they can support themselves without having to work.
(d) Is this opportunity relatively easy or relatively difficult to exploit, and why do I think so?
- I don't think its very difficult but at the same time, it's not that easy either. There are plenty variables to consider when thinking of solutions for this opportunity.
Why did see this opportunity?
- I think I saw this opportunity because I am the new generation who will be seeking careers and jobs in a few years.


Regulatory Trends:

Opportunity #3: Tariffs and Trade Policies
(a) Where I found this opportunity?
https://corporatefinanceinstitute.com/resources/knowledge/finance/regulatory-risk/
(b) What led me to believe that this information suggests an opportunity exists?
- After reading this article I've come to the conclusion that the increase in tariffs in the US will affect consumers who import and export goods and it is prohibited to purchase from China.
(c) Who do I think is most likely to be the customer with the opportunity?
- I believe the consumer would be consumers of imports and exports
(d) Is this opportunity  relatively easy or relatively difficult to exploit, and why do I think so?
- I believe this opportunity would be very difficult to exploit because increasing and decreasing tariff serves either a purpose to balance the flow of money or to increase profit, but only for one side.
Why did see this opportunity?
- This opportunity has already occurred which is why restriction have been made to prevent it.

Opportunity #4: Minimum Wage Increasing
(a) Where I found this opportunity?
https://corporatefinanceinstitute.com/resources/knowledge/finance/regulatory-risk/
(b) What led me to believe that this information suggests an opportunity exists?
- Increasing minimum wage will have a negative affect on small businesses and businesses with large quantities of employees
(c) Who do I think is most likely to be the customer with the opportunity?
- I believe that business owners and CEO's will be the customer in this opportunity
(d) Is this opportunity relatively easy or relatively difficult to exploit, and why do I think so?
- I think this opportunity is relatively easy because its cause and affect; if wage goes up, businesses will want to either hire less or increase product or service price, which will affect demand for employment and service/product.
Why did see this opportunity?
- This has actually been a realistic theory that can happen at any time and probably has already happened

No comments:

Post a Comment