Thursday, January 17, 2019

Entrepreneurship Story


Last year, in my summer semester, I took a class called creativity in action. Our main goal in that class, was to come up with an innovation for a biodiversity issue that our hometown was facing. My group and I were tackling the issue of children’s lack of knowledge of our ecosystem and how to preserve it. Recognizing this issue, we composed a Kindergarten through 12th grade school curriculum that informed students about biodiversity issues, included activities and homework’s, while also abiding by Florida curriculum regulations. At the end of the course, we presented our idea with our prototype in an event called Catalyst, where we were judged by various biodiversity activists and professors on campus. My group and I received a “Make It Happen Award” which was given to the invention with the most potential for implementation. ENT3003 is a required course for my innovation minor but I know I will benefit by learning what it would take to realistically implement my groups’ innovation.



4 comments:

  1. It seems that even the experts in the field of your product could see the worth in it; which sets this venture apart as a successful example of entrepreneurship. The idea as a serviceable demographic, and the purpose can also be seen as educational / moral with the goal in mind to enlighten the youth on the concept of biodiversity. All in all this was a great step forward into entrepreneurship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was very cool to read through! There are two aspects to entrepreneurship: Identifying the problem and then doing something about this. It is very easy to do the former and then ignore the latter. It seems that you had a very creative group of students, and the fact that you were recognized and awarded for your achievment must have been quite the rewarding feeling! The one aspect of your post that really hits home for me is when you mention creating realistic innovations! This is incredibly important because if you set yourself up for failure, then you surely will get burnt out and give up on your dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Karina, I also took that the creativity in action class, I thought the class was a great way to help the students build a strong entrepreneurial foundation. Its great that you got that award, it shows that you are ahead of the curve when it comes to having an entrepreneurial mind set, maybe this semester you can top your last feat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was very interesting about the class you got to take and the solution you guys came up with. Working on issues early can really help you in the long run and helps to gain experience as I am trying to do in college with a clothing idea I want to implement. Nevertheless, the fact that you got an award for it means you could work to improve and implement it in the future.

    ReplyDelete