Friday, March 22, 2019

Idea Napkin No. 2

1. Who you are. What your talents are. What your skills and experiences are. Also: what are your aspirations? Specifically regarding your business concept, how do you see this business (if you were to start it) playing a role in your life?

  • My name is Karina Pizarro and considering the feedback that I received, I can declare that I am a very outgoing and friendly person who genuinely cares for the wellbeing of others. I am empathetic and always try to understand the problem and feelings of the people around me. My experiences in customer service has led to the development of these characteristics and I continue to grow in other ways as well.
  • My aspirations for this business are to put myself in the customers shoes to discover more in depth ways to solve the opportunity to meet their needs. I can see this business playing a role in growing my professionalism.


2. What are you offering to customers? Describe the product or service (in other words, how you'll solve customers' unmet needs).

  • With my product of an application that allows student residents to have easy and accessible information and services at their fingertips, It will allow them to take one thing off their plate so that they may focus on their education and other duties. It will also allow them to be better informed of their new residential environment

3. Who are you offering it to? Describe, in as much detail as possible, the demographic and psychographic characteristics of your customers. Think especially of this question: what do your customers all have in common?

  • I am offering this product to college students, typically first and second year, who live in dorms on campus and struggle with adapting to their new environments. I hope to provide them a platform that will allow them to accustom to their new college environment, usually away from home.


4. Why do they care? Your solution is only valuable insofar as customers believe its valuable to them. Here, explain why customers will actually pay you money to use your product or service. 

  • The targeted customers will care about this product because it will help them adjust to their new, unknown environments. It will be easier for them to manage their busy lifestyle and focus on different priorities. This will allow for one thing on their plate to be easier.


5. What are your core competencies? What sets you apart from everyone else? Also: what do you have that nobody else has? 

  • I don't believe anyone else has thought of this opportunity. I think it is very overlooked and undervalued when many residents go through these issues that can easily be resolved. I have determination to solve this need and have the customers best interest.


Feedback Memo: The feedback informed me that I must look at multiple perspectives, not just the customers but, in this case, the parents of the customers. I know I must consider them for this product because most first and second year students still depend on their parents support. This feedback will be useful in deciding how much I will charge for the app and what benefits I should include to make them want to pay for it.

2 comments:

  1. Having experience in customer service is a valuable thing when considering your idea since it’ll be towards college kids and even parents and it’s apparent that they hate bad customer service as I saw on google reviews for the UF financial office. I think it’s a good idea to target the parents as well as they might also push their children to get the app if they thought it was a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you took your feedback seriously as it helped tremendously. It didn't occur to me that the parents' perspectives should be considered, but you make a good point. I think your empathy will make it easier for you to relate to your customers, allowing you to fully understand their needs. I think your idea napkin is very insightful and well written. Great job!

    ReplyDelete