AnimalLover

Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Reading Reflection No. 3

Thinking fast and slow by Daniel Kahneman
1) What was the general theme or argument of the book?
- The general theme of the book is that your behavior is determined by two systems in your brain; one is fast and automatic and the other is slow and more deliberate. Together, these two systems are in charge of determining judgement and choice. Kahneman does a very good job including biases and scientific explanations for his claims.
2) How did the book, in your opinion, connect with and enhance what you are learning in ENT 3003?
- This book is very science based which is mot what ENT is about. But I guess this book can relate to how our customers make decisions or judgements about products and could help accommodate those predicted wants and needs.
3) If you had to design an exercise for this class, based on the book you read, what would that exercise involve?
- I would give the class multiple types of puzzles and have everyone predict which system of their brain they think they used
4) What was your biggest surprise or 'aha' moment when reading the book? In other words, what did you learn that differed most from your expectations?
- The biggest surprise about this book is a quote that was said about the author "Kahneman believes that the concept of risk is a human invention. They designed it to assist them with the navigation of dangers, fears, and uncertainties. Kahneman explains that there are real dangers and uncertainties, however, the concept of ‘real risk’ or ‘objective risk’ does not actually exist." 
Basically saying we are the ones who create the risk which does not make much sense to me but I understand that we create how big the risk would be in our heads
Posted by Karina Pizarro at 12:10 AM
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest

2 comments:

  1. Scott RichardsonApril 14, 2019 at 8:14 PM

    I think that looking at how our customers think is vital to the success of any business. It does not matter what the entrepreneur wants at the end of the day, rather what the customer wants. I also found the quote that you provided to be very interesting. I never really thought about it, but it does seem to make a lot of sense, and gives me more things to ponder on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
      Reply
  2. Jake AndererApril 14, 2019 at 9:25 PM

    I think the theme of the book is very interesting as I didn’t know about that. I think the class activity would be cool to do and watch to see how the participants to as it would effectively be revolved around the book. As to Kahneman saying how risk is a human invention, I could possibly see what he means as without it we would be doing whatever we want and now that we have rules we have “risks” of doing things now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
      Reply
Add comment
Load more...

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2019 (28)
    • ▼  April (8)
      • Final Reflection
      • Venture Concept No. 2
      • Your Exit Strategy
      • Reading Reflection No. 3
      • Celebrating a Failure
      • Your Ventures Unfair Advantage
      • Venture Concept No. 1
      • What's Next?
    • ►  March (6)
    • ►  February (8)
    • ►  January (6)

About Me

Karina Pizarro
View my complete profile
Awesome Inc. theme. Powered by Blogger.